Friday 21 February 2014

Love

In her half closed eyes I found a most splendid vision.
From her crimson lips I tasted such a heartfelt music.
In her form and shape I found art from unbrushed strokes.
From her darling mind I learned of thoughts filled wonder.

Inside of her ears I sent true pledges of my love.
Around her finger I placed symbol treasure of my vows.
Inside of her quick beating heart I put safely mine.
Around her shimmering presence I found my home.

She in all the truth of a hundred saints erased all doubts.
I with all the strength of a thousand warriors dispelled all fears.
She in all the kindness of a million mothers understood my ways.
I in all the wisdom of a billion scholars created starlight days.

We touch a shared serenity equally felt in our lovers embrace.
We feel a common spark of peace in the joyous motion of our lives.
We hear a symphony of birdsong inside of the rise of our flight.
We taste the full bounty of the sustenance given in the harvest of our Love.


by Brad Dawson
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment