Wednesday 26 February 2014

Billet Doux

Hey you,
I thought you should know...

I confess, I cathect
and undress this precedent -
you who cause foibles;
I who foible at the sound

of your breath
from that chest, that
decrements intelligence,
and severs common sense
in this audience.

You who ooze
ataraxia over me;
the orectic dream
which makes me simper
awake and sleeping.

I who am satiety
reside in Cockaigne;
but only -
when I'm living in your eyes.

Girl,
I have to tell you the rest;

I am perfectly impressed,
undressed from head to toe.
Exposed, you see me naked
heart and soul!

You who make me lissom;
Listen,
you bend me like a string
of a broken, smashed guitar.

I see you, and when I do,
I melt; I'm butter but
I'm broken as a falling star;
there you are, there you are.

There you are.


by Jody Pratt
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment