Monday 24 February 2014

Don’t You Shush Me Now

Are you listenin’, are you listenin’ good
Open them big flaps and get somethin’ understood
I don’t care if you leave and I don’t care how
Baby, don’t you shush me now

You said you’d be right back, heading through that door
What’s a week or two, it’s a looooong way to the store
Baby, don’t shush me now…oh no

It’s a longer way home, crawlin’ through the dark
Your belly draggin’ low, no baby, don’t you park
No baby, don’t shush me now … don’t shush me now

Don’t you park your tom-cattin’ tail by my front door
I mean it Baby, no more…no more
I said, Baby…don’t you shush me now

I’m just winding up. Gonna have my say
You’d best be on your knees and commencin’ to pray
No Baby, no more shushing now

That girl you been charmin’, she dropped by and said
All sassy and braggin’, tricked out in red
Listen, Baby, don’t you shush me now

She told me you was moving on, but I said get this understood
I was giving you away, this time for good
Oh yeah, Baby, don’t shush me now

Jimmy-two-step-shoes, keep on prancin’
Keep those slippery soles a dancin’
Yeah, Baby, here it comes…don’t you shush me now

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
Don’t care if you leave, don’t care when
Baby…don’t you dare try shushing me now


So before you take your lies down that one-way road
Paradin’ them stories of your heavy load
Baby…baby listen up good, hear me now

You raggy-assed piece of useless bone
This here’s a call from the reality phone
Yes baby, that’s you I’m talkin’ to…
Don’t even think about shushing me now
Oh no…no more shushing now.

by Cathy Yard
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment