Wednesday 26 February 2014

Crave

I gave you a wounded heart.. You were willing to cradle..
Broken trust needed mending.. You the only one able..
Music came alive again.. words now touch the sound..
My heart is in your hands now.. addicted to the pound..

I always get lost in you.. and somehow that’s OK..
Wrap the moon around us.. shadows like to play..
You have slain me.. many times I’ve told you that..
Where am I going .. I don’t even know where I’m at..

You are my only reason.. You are my only truth..
I’m a slave to my cravings.. the innocence of youth..
It’s been within me to this day.. and it has never died..
If only to experience you.. for this my soul has cried..  

Your love would be.. everything that I’ve ever craved..
Humbling would it be.. self thought has never waived..
Only heaven above.. will ever know exactly how I feel..
Would a thousand romance novels.. capture this appeal..

Truth is that I really need you.. the feeling of your heart..
The strongest part of presence.. that only you can impart..
Because I’ve started it over again.. I have a need to be free..
Because you’ve also been there.. It’s like staring back at me..

Would you think this was a come on.. and would it be a lie..  
If I surrendered my heart .. could I expect an honest reply..
Shattered trust has tainted me.. so please can you  forgive..
So if I placed all my trust in you.. May I once again but live..  

by Billy Graham
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment