Friday 21 February 2014

Immortal Beloved

Open for an instant
The rod-iron gate to my heart
As quick as an eyelid it closes
Leaving me stuck at the start
Oh how I wish it were easy
This quest has me falling apart
Your touch is but all that I long for
And yet I withhold my remark

There once was a time that you loved me
Joyously without a care
Now it’s so shamefully hidden
Locked away inside your stare
Your movements and words are like daggers
Cutting me beyond repair
The holes and incisions they’re leaving
I plainly and woefully bear

Weary and alone on my death bed
I’m writing this letter to you
Proclaiming my constant devotion
And the happiness that we once knew
Soon I will be passing over
In hopes that my grey skies turn blue
On a warm summer day
In a vast field of green
Is where I'll be waiting for you

by C.R. Drew
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment