Wednesday 19 February 2014

Playstation

My playstation was the hills and the trees
Or maybe an old glass jar to catch bumblebees,
How about toy trucks in the driveway
With fancy cars and fire engines, that was okay.
My playstation was hide and seek at night
Trying our best to avoid the glaring spotlight,
How about red rover red rover, then hold on tight
Somebody will try to bust through with all their might.
My playstation was the local swimming hole
Or a secret place to catch trout with my fishing pole,
Maybe jumping ice pans out in the bay
Hoping to be lucky and dry you would stay.
My playstation was cowboys and Indians too
Homemade bows and arrows, wooden guns for the crew,
Sling shots made from the branch of a tree
All of these toys, crazy but yes they were all free.
My playstation was an endless list of fun
Snowballs sledding, or seeing how fast you could run,
Never bored never lazy, always on the go
I’m grateful that my childhood is the one that I know.

by Rick Alyward
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment