Wednesday 26 February 2014

A Fight For Life

I’m fourteen doing fine
But I do get sick a lot of the time
A doctor’s appointment momma said
Get yourself ready Get out of bed

So we go, He takes some test
Results come back they’re not the best
Leukemia I’m afraid to say
We must start treatment

We must start today
A donor, a donor we must find
Thank God for my sister her marrow
Matches mine

Well five years, have come and gone
And yes I still get sick most of the time
But I would like to say today

I’ve met many a good friends
Of whom since passed away
My only hope that come some day
Cancer be taken and locked away

Then many others and I will suffer
No more
Yes I’m still here
And I’m here to stay
Cause cancers not taken me away.

For John Kunce and the many
Many more

by Debbie Proulx
Words In Motion 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment